Sunday, April 12, 2009

Vacation


We just got back from spending a week in NY with my family and Michael's family. A great time was had by all. We had a family Palm Sunday dinner, Seder at my MIL's, saw "Gods of Carnage" with Jeff Daniels, Hope Davis, Marcia Gay Harden and James Gandolfini, and wandered around lower Manhattan. I got to spend a great deal of time with my family and I am really looking forward to my summer vacation! The best part, however, was getting to meet Evelyn M. Charles, 3 month old daughter of Allison and Edgar. She has a wonderful disposition, is super-cute and is lucky to have such great parents. I like to give some of my favorite books as baby gifts, because babies will grow out of clothes, but a love of reading is something that will grow with you, and hopefully turn into a life-long love.I gave her "The Giving Tree" because there are many messages that one can take from it and use through all stages of life, even though it is a very simple book. I also had the distinct privilege of reading to Evelyn her very first book. That was an honor. As was a luxurious 2 1/2 hour dinner with her mother! It also made me realize that now, my friends and I are the grown-ups. When did that happen? All these children are now in the world, and we are the ones responsible for them! It all seems a bit overwhelming. Tomorrow, back to reality and my 23 hellions.

1 comment:

  1. You are the grown-ups and I am the old aunt/cousin. How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete