Thursday, August 13, 2009

4 days

That's all I have. 4 days left. 4 days until the sweating and grunting begins. Yes, folks, it's time to head back to school. Time to set up a room for 23 (or 24, or 25) individuals I have never met. Time to spend 3 1/2 days on ladders with staplers ( no idea where that is, btw), duct tape, hammers and assorted other tools required to make my room a homey, inviting environment where little minds can absorb 4th grade knowledge only to spit it out again in March for the FCAT. The best part is it all has to be done by Friday morning for "Meet the Teacher" morning when the masses descend, and I have to look presentable. This also has to be squeezed in between the meetings we need to have (I have already counted 3) and the general running around to gather all your stuff from last year. I am further helped by the fact that I thought I was going to move my room, and packed EVERYTHING!! When I was not moved, the most expedient thing was to shove it all on shelves and in drawers so I could be out on time. Got rid of a lot of stuff, but the rest of it is a mess. My desk is a horror.
This year, I managed to leave on June 10th and not step foot on campus until the dreaded 18th. Unusual for me, as I tend to be in at least the week before just to get organized. This year, nope. Nothing. I REFUSE!!! I have been very obstinate this summer, and although I have been collecting supplies since July, I refuse to go into teacher mode. Which is why, come Tuesday at 7:30 am, when I walk through that door, it will totally bite me in the ass. Man....I am screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment