Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm a Major Minor




Tonight I went to a Long Island Ducks baseball game. IT WAS GREAT! I L.O.V.E. minor league baseball. The tickets are cheap, the stadiums are usually pretty small so you can see what is going on, you can get tickets less than a week a head of time and if it's not a Friday or Saturday night, you can usually walk up to the box office for tickets under $10 each. The stadiums are really family-friendly, and you can get the kids hot dogs, sodas and pretzels for less than the first year of college tuition. There are stupid but funny games between innings (Michael loves the "Dizzy Bat Race), and everyone is usually having a great time. There are no screaming fans, no one yelling profanities in your ear, and no one spilling beer all over you (most of the time). We have been going to minor league games for years, and although the Ducks are not in the MLB minor league, they are still interesting. I am not a huge baseball fan. In fact, I am not a huge sports fan, but I like going to live events because I like the atmosphere. Half the time, I have no idea what is going on, but I have a good time anyway. Use the title link above to find a minor league team in your area. Then GO! Unless you require your baseball experiences to cost more than your car payment, and you insist on sitting in a tiny seat wayyyyyy up high, you will love this. Now, a major league game can be fun, and it is great to see the stadiums, but for a regular evening out, you cannot beat minor league baseball. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment